This may just be the perfect 5 ingredient dessert. Creamy cheesecake bars with a chocolate chip cookie dough crust with even more cookie pieces crumbled on top.
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
My mom has been making these family favorite cheesecake bars for over 20 years and they never last long in our house!
These are a great weeknight treat or simple desert for a dinner party. After prepping for a dinner party there is no need to stress for a complicated over the top dessert. Treat your guests to these simple yet delicious bars and they are sure to be impressed.
Just 5 Simple Ingredients
These bars are a short cut dessert for any day of the week. Using store bought cookie dough cuts down on prep time. Feel free to make your own cookie dough.
Secret to Creamy Cheesecake Bars
To get that extra creamy and smooth cheesecake layer start with room temperature cream cheese. Leave your cream cheese on the counter for 30-40 minutes until it is soft to the touch.
Room temperature cream cheese will blend into the eggs smoother and there will be no lumps.
If you forget to take your cream cheese out of the fridge before prepping this dessert, place the cream cheese on a microwave safe plate and microwave for 5 seconds. Flip and microwave for another 5 seconds.
How to Prepare Cheesecake Bars
This simple dessert is less than 10 minutes prep, 40 minutes cook time and needs a 30 minute cool before serving.
Full printable recipe card below
1 Start by beating softened cream cheese and eggs until combined.
2 Add in sugar and flour. Continue mixing thoroughly until light and fluffy and set aside.
3 Grease a 9″ x 13″ baking dish. Using ¾ of the prepared cookie dough slice it into thin slices and lay on the bottom of the dish.
4 Press each piece of the dough flat in the dish to evenly cover the entire bottom and stick the pieces together to create the crust for the bars.
3 Pour and evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough.
4 Slice remaining cookie dough into small pieces, pressing each piece gently between your fingers to flatten. Scatter each piece on top of the entire cream layer. They should not form a complete layer and should have some spacing between pieces.
5 Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool 30 minutes before cutting and serving. Optional: after cooling, refrigerate 2 hours until fully chilled for easier cutting.
6 Slice into squares and serve. Bars must be store in fridge overnight. Serve at room temperature or chilled from fridge.
Can Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars be made in advance?
YES! These cheesecake bars need to cool for at least 30 minutes before serving so these are a great make ahead dessert.
Planning a dinner party or dropping off a sweet treat to a friend? Prepare these in the morning, cool 30 minutes and refrigerate until ready to serve.
Looking for More Simple Sweets?
Check out some of my favorite simple sweets:
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Rice Krispie Treats – twist on the classic Rice Krispies combining two classic flavors. These squares are a match made in heaven for chocolate peanut butter lovers.
- Oreo Fudge – Shortcut Oreo fudge made with only 3 ingredients. Simple, delicious and quick dessert that tastes just like a cookies and cream chocolate bar.
- Sponge Toffee – or Honeycomb, is a light airy sweet treat that is actually very easy to make at home. Dip in chocolate for an even more decadent treat!
Cookie Dough Cheesecake Bars
- 1 package chocolate chip cookie dough, 16.5 oz, ex. Pillsbury tube
- 1 package Cream Cheese, 8 oz, at room temperature
- 2 eggs, at room temperature
- ½ cup sugar
- 4 tbsp flour
- Heat oven to 350*F. Grease 9”x13” baking dish.
- In a small bowl beat cream cheese and eggs. Add sugar and flour. Continue mixing thoroughly until light and fluffy and set aside.
- Using ¾ of the prepared cookie dough slice up into thin slices. Press each piece of the dough into the greased baking dish to evenly cover the entire bottom to create the crust for the bars.
- Pour and evenly spread the cream cheese mixture over the cookie dough.
- Slice remaining cookie dough into small pieces, pressing each piece gently between your fingers to flatten. Scatter each piece on top of the entire cream layer. They should not form a complete layer and should have some spacing between pieces.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes or until golden brown and firm to the touch. Cool 30 minutes before cutting and serving. Optional: after cooling, refrigerate 2 hours until fully chilled for easier cutting.
- Slice into squares and serve. Bars must be store in fridge overnight. Serve at room temperature or chilled from fridge.
• When making your cheesecake mixture, this recipe calls for softened or room temperature cream cheese. Softened cream cheese is creamier when mixed and easier to blend with the other ingredients. If your cream cheese is too cold, your mixture will be lumpy.
• If you don’t have time to wait for your cream cheese to soften at room temperature, remove the cream cheese from its packaging and place in a microwave safe bowl. Microwave the cream cheese in 10 second increments until it’s soft but not too warm.
• Don’t forget to flour your fingers! The flour will keep the cookie dough from sticking to your fingers when you press it evenly into the bottom of the dish for the crust.
• Let the bars cool for a full 30 minutes before putting into the refrigerator for two hours. Putting a hot cheesecake in the refrigerator can make it “sweat” with condensation, which can lead to blotchy or gluey texture on top.