Grilled peach blackberry salad is a fresh side dish with a combination of sweet and tangy components. The honey Dijon vinaigrette is simply irresistible.
This post may contain affiliate links. Read my disclosure policy.
Grilled Peach Salad Recipe
Sometimes side salads can get boring so I love having recipes for fun and unique salads! This grilled peach salad with blackberries, goat cheese and a honey Dijon vinaigrette is one of my favorites.
I love making homemade salad dressing and our honey Dijon vinaigrette is perfect on just about any salad! It is sweet, tangy and pairs perfect with fruits and vegetables.
What is Grilled Peach Salad?
Grilled peach salad is a unique and delicious side dish. The salad pairs peaches, blackberries, pecans and goat cheese. Peaches are prefect for grilling. They caramelize on the grill and get beautiful grill marks. Blackberries add a pop of sweet and tart flavor to the salad that pairs perfectly with the peaches.
Candied pecans are one of my favorite additions to a salad. They are crunchy, nutty and sweet. Goat cheese adds a beautiful color and creamy texture. The salad is finished with a sweet and tangy honey Dijon vinaigrette. Once you try the dressing you will want to keep a bottle in the fridge at all times!
What to Serve with Grilled Peach Salad
- Grinder Sandwich
- Chicken Costoletta Cheesecake Factory Copycat
- Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Filet-O-Fish Sliders
- Roast Beef Sliders
What is in Grilled Peach Salad?
- Spring Mix – I love the color of spring mix because the dark leaves pair perfectly with the blackberries and the grill marks on the peaches. You can also use arugula, or any lettuce you prefer.
- Peaches – one of my favorite fruits. If you have never tried a grilled peach, you are in for a treat! The peaches get caramelized when they are grilled and get beautiful grill marks.
- Blackberries – these berries are so cute. They are not too sweet and not too tart so they pair perfect with the sweet peaches and tangy dressing. They help balance the flavor of the salad.
- Goat Cheese – one of the best cheeses for salads. It crumbles into beautiful bite sized pieces and it is so creamy. You can also use feta cheese if you prefer.
- Candied Pecans – adds a nice crunch and nutty flavor to the salad.
- Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- White Wine Vinegar – this is my preferred vinegar for salad dressings. Since it is wine based, it has a sweeter flavor than regular vinegar.
- Honey – brings out the natural sweetness of the vinegar and peaches.
- Olive Oil – an extra light tasting olive oil is perfect for salad dressing as it has a neutral flavor. You can also use your preferred oil of choice.
- Dijon Mustard – the addition of Dijon mustard to a salad dressing adds an amazing flavor and also helps emulsify (thicken) the dressing.
- Salt, Pepper
How to Make Grilled Peach Salad
Full Printable Recipe at Bottom of Page
1 Preheat BBQ or grill pan to medium heat.
2 Carefully slice the peach through the center around the pit. Gently twist the peach to remove each half from the pit. Slice the peach into wedges.
3 In a small bowl toss the peach wedges with the oil until evenly coated.
4 Grill the peaches on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until grill marks develop.
5 Remove the peaches from the grill and set aside to cool while you prepare the salad.
6 In a small bowl or glass jar add all of the honey Dijon vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk together or shake the jar until evenly combined. Season to taste to personal preference with additional honey for sweetness, vinegar for acidity, or olive oil to reduce the acidity.
7 Add the spring mix to a large bowl or evenly spread it out over a serving platter.
8 Scatter the blackberries and candied pecans over the salad.
9 Use your hands to crumble the goat cheese into small pieces over the salad.
10 Scatter the grilled peaches over the salad. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.
Tips for the Best Grilled Peach Salad
- Peaches – when choosing peaching for grilling be sure to select peaches that are firm to the touch. If the peaches are too soft or overly ripe it will be hard to slice them into wedges and they will also become soggy when grilled. When a firm peach is grilled, the sugars in the peach caramelize and the peach becomes tender but still have a bite to them which is perfect for salads.
- Dressing – I always make my salad dressing in a jar with a tight fitting lid. Just add all the ingredients to the jar, secure the lid and shake-shake-shake! As you shake, the oil and vinegar will emulsify and thicken. You will know when the dressing is ready when you no longer see the oil and vinegar separated, they will be emulsified together.
- Berries – blackberries really do add a beautiful color and flavor to this salad but you can use any berry that is in season or that you prefer. Whether it be blueberries, strawberries or raspberries, they are all amazing in this salad.
FAQs Grilled Peach Salad
Yes! You can prepare the salad a few hours in advance or the night before. Arrange the salad on a platter but do not add the grilled peaches, candied pecans or dressing. Cover with plastic wrap and store in the fridge. Store the dressing in the fridge and the grilled peaches in a separate container in the fridge. Just before serving add the peaches and pecans on top and drizzle the dressing over the salad.
Yes, this is a healthy salad with a mix of fruits, vegetables and a light homemade dressing.
This recipe is vegetarian.
For a vegan recipe swap the honey in the dressing for agave and use a vegan crumbly cheese of choice (ex. vegan goat cheese or vegan feta).
This recipe is gluten free.
For a dairy free recipe swap the goat cheese for a dairy free cheese (ex. vegan cheese) or omit the cheese).
Looking for More Salad Recipes?
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- Avocado Corn Tomato Salad
- Greek Beet Feta Salad
- Dill Pickle Chopped Salad
- Pear Fennel Arugula Salad
Grilled Peach Blackberry Salad
- 2 peaches, firm
- 1 tsp olive oil
- 6 cups spring mix lettuce, or arugula, or lettuce mix of choice
- 1 pint blackberries, washed and drained
- 1/4 cup goat cheese
- 1/4 cup candied pecans, or pecans or nut of choice
Honey Dijon Vinaigrette
- 4 tbsp white wine vinegar
- 1 tbsp olive oil, extra light tasting, or 2 tbsp if you prefer a less vinegary dressing
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1/4 tsp salt
- Pinch black pepper
- Preheat BBQ or grill pan to medium heat.
- Carefully slice the peach through the centre around the pit. Gently twist the peach to remove each half from the pit. Slice the peach into wedges.
- In a small bowl toss the peach wedges with the oil until evenly coated.
- Grill the peaches on each side for about 2-3 minutes or until grill marks develop.
- Remove the peaches from the grill and set aside to cool while you prepare the salad.
- In a small bowl or glass jar add all of the honey Dijon vinaigrette ingredients. Whisk together or shake the jar until evenly combined. Season to taste to personal preference with additional honey for sweetness, vinegar for acidity, or olive oil to reduce the acidity.
- Add the spring mix to a large bowl or evenly spread it out over a serving platter.
- Scatter the blackberries and candied pecans over the salad.
- Use your hands to crumble the goat cheese into small pieces over the salad.
- Scatter the grilled peaches over the salad. Drizzle the dressing over the salad and serve immediately.