Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta combines the most iconic trio of flavors for the ultimate pasta dish! Crispy bacon with tender chicken in a creamy alfredo ranch sauce.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta Recipe
This Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta is a quick, flavorful meal that’s easy to make on a busy weeknight! It is made with your favorite pasta, crispy bacon, and tender pieces of chicken. All coated in a decadent ranch alfredo sauce.
This is such a great family meal because it has all the great flavors that everyone loves. This recipe is also so versatile. You can change up the pasta type or even swap out the meat selection for sausage if you want. You can even add in some veggies! Enjoy spicy food? Try adding some heat by adding some chili flakes, hot sauce or pimento cheese to the sauce.
As if the amazing flavors of this pasta dish weren’t enough…. it all comes together in 30 minutes making it a perfect weeknight meal!
What is Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta?
I love the iconic trio of chicken, bacon, and ranch! So I knew it would be delicious to make it all into a tasty and easy pasta dish.
My recipe brings together a creamy ranch alfredo sauce that when paired with the smoky, crispy, salty bacon and the juicy chicken becomes a match made in heaven!
Made with your favorite pasta, I love fusilli because the sauce gets in all the twists and turns of the pasta. The pasta sauce is so easy to make using store bought alfredo (or homemade) and shredded cheddar cheese.
What is in Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta?
- Alfredo Sauce – store bought or homemade can be used. I often keep a batch of my homemade alfredo sauce in the fridge for quick weeknight meals!
- Cheddar Cheese – I love a chicken bacon wrap sandwich or wrap with cheddar cheese so I just had to incorporate some cheddar cheese into the alfredo sauce!
- Spicy Variation – for a spicy ranch alfredo instead of cheddar use jalapeno Havarti or pimento cheese.
- Ranch Seasoning Mix – a secret weapon in the kitchen is having this seasoning mix on hand. Whether its to whip up a quick salad dressing, pasta salad or creamy pasta dish, it is truly amazing!
- Note: please do not swap the dry ranch seasoning mix for ranch salad dressing or dip. The dressing or dip will make your sauce too watery.
- Fusilli Pasta – any pasta can be used but I love the twirls on fusilli. The sauce gets in all the twists and turns making it oh so delicious!
- Chicken Breast – I prefer using white meat for this recipe and you don’t need to worry about it over cooking or drying out. The chicken stays tender and moist but if you prefer thighs you can use those too.
- Spices – Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Salt, Pepper, Ranch Seasoning – to add an extra layer of flavor to the chicken is it seasoned and then pan fried.
- Bacon – perhaps the best part of the chicken bacon ranch trio! I like to cut my strips of bacon into fairly large pieces so you can really see and taste them but you can cut then as small as you like. You can even use store bought bacon bits for a quicker recipe.
- Parsley – optional as a garnish and for a pop of freshness throughout the pasta
More Pasta Recipes you Will Love!
- Fettuccine Alfredo – tender fettuccine coated in a luxurious garlic parmesan alfredo sauce. One of the simplest yet delicious pastas!
- Doritos Crusted Taco Casserole – a perfect mix of seasoned ground beef, pasta, corn and beans. All topped with cheesy crunchy Doritos. The best part is that it is all made in one pan. It’s fast, easy and ready in 30 minutes!
- Mediterranean Orzo Salad – a quick 20 minute side dish or perfect meal prep lunch! Combining all your favorite Mediterranean flavors with a simple delicious Greek salad dressing.
How to Make Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Full Recipe at Bottom of Page
Cook the Bacon and Chicken
1 In a medium sized bowl season the chicken with the ranch seasoning mix, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix until evenly combined.
2 Heat a large frying pan or skillet on low heat. Chop the bacon into bite sized pieces and sauté until cooked through. Cooking bacon low and slow results in the perfect texture and crunch.
3 Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on a paper towel lined plate. Leave approximately 2 tbsp of bacon drippings in the pan (or just enough to coat the bottom of the pan, or remove all drippings and add 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil to the pan).
4 Increase the temperature of the frying pan to medium and sauté the chicken until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
Prepare the Sauce
1 Reduce the heat to low and add in the alfredo sauce and ranch seasoning mix. Mix until fully combined.
2 In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
3 Gradually add in the cheese to the sauce. Stir continuously until fully melted. The sauce will start to thicken.
4 Add in the pasta and stir to combine.
5 Stir in the bacon and chopped parsley.
6 Garnish with chopped parsley, shredded cheese and more bacon, if desired. Enjoy!
- Spicy Variations
- Buffalo Ranch – add 2 tbsp of buffalo sauce to the alfredo sauce for a buffalo ranch alfredo
- Jalapeno Popper – add in 2 diced jalapenos
- Pimento Cheese – swap the cheddar cheese for pimento cheese for a spicy pimento alfredo
- Extra Veggies
- For added nutrition add in 1 cup of frozen mixed veggies (corn, peas and carrots)!
- Add a few handfuls of fresh spinach to the sauce!
- Sneak some extra vegetables by adding in broccoli or cauliflower florets. The kids won’t even notice the cauliflower as it blends in with the alfredo sauce and pasta!
- Meat Variations
- Instead of chicken breast swap for chicken thighs, sausage or leftover cooked steak!
- You can even use leftover cooked or rotisserie chicken.
Tips for the Best Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- Pasta – you can really use any variety of pasta you like! I recommend using one that has twirls (fusilli), ridges (rigatoni or penne), or even wagon wheels! Spaghetti works well too but I prefer a small bite sized pasta that can be scooped up with pieces of chicken and bacon at the same time.
- Sauce – be sure to use dry ranch seasoning mix and not ranch dressing or dip! The dry seasoning mix will add the perfect amount of ranch flavor to the alfredo sauce. Ranch dressing or dip will melt into the dressing and become watery.
- Chicken – cut the chicken breast into bite sized cubes. This will keep the chicken moist while cooking. You can also use leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken!
How to Reheat Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
To reheat add a splash of milk and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until warmed through. Or add to a pot stovetop with a splash of milk. Stir continuously on medium heat until warmed through.
How to Store Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Transfer the cooled pasta to an air tight container and store in the fridge for up to 4 – 5 days.
How to Freeze Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
Allow the pasta to fully cool and then transfer to air tight freezer safe containers. Freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge over night. To reheat add a splash of milk and microwave in 30 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until warmed through. Or add to a pot stovetop with a splash of milk. Stir continuously on medium heat until warmed through.
Looking for More Easy Dinners
- IKEA Swedish Meatballs – recipe features all the great flavors of the classic restaurant version! Tender meatballs in a creamy gravy served with mashed potatoes, broccoli and lingonberry sauce.
- Sweet and Sour Pork – made healthier and even tastier then takeout! Crispy and tender pork stir fried with peppers, onions and pineapple in an irresistible tangy sauce.
- Sticky Glazed Meatloaf – is pretty much one giant meatball. At least that’s what I call it so that kids will love it. But, seriously, it is similar to meatballs, only it has a lot more flavor and is easier to make.
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, may earn me a small commission.
Chicken Bacon Ranch Pasta
- 1/2 tsp onion powder
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ranch seasoning mix
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts, cubed into bite sized pieces, or 2 cups leftover cooked/rotisserie chicken
- Heat a large frying pan or skillet on low heat. Chop the bacon into bite sized pieces and sauté until cooked through. Cooking bacon low and slow results in the perfect texture and crunch.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and drain on a paper towel linked plate. Leave approximately 2 tbsp of bacon drippings in the pan (or just enough to coat the bottom of the pan, or remove all drippings and add 2 tbsp olive oil or vegetable oil to the pan).
- In a medium sized bowl season the chicken with the ranch seasoning mix, salt, pepper, onion powder and garlic powder. Mix until evenly combined.
- Increase the temperature of the frying pan to medium and sauté the chicken until golden brown, about 5-8 minutes.
- Reduce the heat to low and add in the alfredo sauce and ranch seasoning mix. Mix until fully combined.
- In a large pot of boiling water, cook pasta until al dente, according to package directions. Drain.
- Gradually add in the cheese to the sauce. Stir continuously until fully melted. The sauce will start to thicken.
- Add in the pasta and stir to combine.
- Stir in the bacon and chopped parsley.
- Garnish with chopped parsley, shredded cheese and more bacon, if desired. Enjoy!