Tiramisu is a classic Italian dessert, coffee soaked cookies layered with an irresistible creamy filling. It is light yet rich without ever feeling like it is too sweet or heavy. It also happens to be my favorite dessert!
This is my super easy and quick Tiramisu recipe. The cream filling is eggless, this make-ahead dessert is perfect for any occasion. It is flavorful and is best served chilled.
This delicious and unbelievably easy tiramisu is made with coffee soaked lady fingers, sweet and creamy mascarpone (no raw eggs!), and cocoa powder dusted on top. It requires no baking and can be made in advance!
This recipe is a perfect dessert all year round but I especially love it as a holiday and Christmas dessert!
This classic Italian dessert is simply irresistible. The combination of the coffee soaked cookies and creamy cheesy filling is a match made in heaven… or in your kitchen! This is so simple to make and tastes so much better than store bought.
You won’t believe how simple it is to make at home with only a few pantry ingredients. If you are looking to impress your family and friends with a dessert this is the one! It’s impressive yet so simple for you and no need to stress over baking. I LOVE a no bake dessert!
What is in Tiramisu?
- Lady Finger Cookies (Savoiardi) – they are are light, airy, egg-based, sweet sponge cake biscuits shaped like a large finger. If you absolutely cannot find lady finger cookies in store they can be substituted for Nilla wafers
- Coffee – traditionally, coffee or espresso is used in Tiramisu. You can use decaf coffee so you can still enjoy the same classic flavor without the caffeine.
- I know we all love a hot cup of coffee but did you know that cup is packed with health benefits including antioxidants, vitamins and minerals?
- Coffee Liqueur, optional – my favorite to use is Kahlua but this is completely optional. For an alcohol free recipe simple omit this ingredient.
- Whipped Cream – I suggest making your own whipped cream with either Dream Whip or store bought whipping cream that has been whisked until stiff peaks form. I would not recommend using store bought Cool Whip, the texture is not right and it is not thick enough to hold up to the mascarpone cheese.
- Mascarpone Cheese – this is the Italian equivalent of cream cheese. It is milder in flavor than cream cheese and has a smoother consistency. If you can’t find mascarpone you can use cream cheese instead.
- Sugar and Vanilla – this filling is light and fluffy and not too sweet making this the perfect after dinner treat!
How to make Tiramisu
Full printable recipe at bottom of page
1 Mix together the cooled brewed coffee and Kahlua (if using) in a deep bowl.
2 In a bowl, using a hand mixer or whisk, whip the mascarpone cheese until light and fluffy. Add in the sugar and vanilla and mix until combined. Add in the whipped cream and mix until combined.
3 Dip the lady finger biscuits into the coffee mixture one at a time. Laying them into your baking dish (9’x13”) to make the first layer. For individual servings break the biscuits in half before dipping into coffee mixture and use ramekins instead of a baking dish.
4 Add a layer of the cream mixture, another layer of the biscuits and a final layer of the cream mixture.
5 Refrigerate until set, 4-6 hours.
6 Sprinkle with cocoa powder to finish. Serve and enjoy!
Tiramisu Make Ahead and Freezing Instructions
Tiramisu is even better when made in advance, allowing the flavors to blend! It will keep in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 days.
To freeze, make completely, but don’t dust with cocoa powder. Cover tightly with plastic wrap and then tinfoil and freeze for up to 3 months. Thaw in the refrigerator overnight and dust with cocoa powder a few hours before serving. Note: the consistency make become a bit more watery.
What are Ladyfingers?
Ladyfingers (savoiardi in Italian) are a sweet, dry, and finger-shaped sponge cookie. They are a main ingredient in many desserts including trifles and tiramisu. When they are layered underneath cream, ladyfingers take on a lovely cake-like texture. You can find ladyfingers in most large grocery stores and Italian markets.
Looking for More Simple Sweets?
Try some of my favorites
- Chocolate Chip Cookie Cheesecake Bars – creamy cheesecake bars with a chocolate chip cookie dough crust with even more cookie pieces crumbled on top
- Oreo Fudge – shortcut Oreo fudge made with only 3 ingredients. Simple, delicious and quick dessert that tastes just like a cookies and cream chocolate bar
- 8 Layer Magic Bars – ultimate blend of melty chocolatey, flakey coconut, crispy puffed rice cereal all covered in gooey sweetened condensed milk
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, may earn me a small commission.
Easy Tiramisu (Eggless)
- 9"x13" Baking Tray or Ramekins
- 1 cup Strong Brewed Coffee, cooled or at room temperature
- 3 tbsps Kahlua, or coffee liquer of choice, optional
- 24-30 Lady Finger Biscuits, Savoiardi
- 2 cups Mascarpone Cheese
- 2 1/2 cups Whipped Cream, chilled
- ¼ cup Sugar
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- ¼ cup Cocoa, for dusting
- Chocolate, shaved or chopped, for topping, optional
- Mix together the cooled brewed coffee and Kahlua (if using) in a deep bowl.
- In a bowl, using a hand mixer or whisk, whip the mascarpone cheese until light and fluffy. Add in the sugar and vanilla and mix until combined. Add in the whipped cream and mix until combined.
- Dip the lady finger biscuits into the coffee mixture one at a time. Laying them into your baking dish (9’x13”) to make the first layer. For individual servings break the biscuits in half before dipping into coffee mixture and use ramekins instead of a baking dish.
- Add a layer of the cream mixture, another layer of the biscuits and a final layer of the cream mixture.
- Refrigerate until set, 4-6 hours.
- Sprinkle with cocoa powder to finish. Serve and enjoy!