Greek Chickpea Tuna Salad is a colorful mix of fresh vegetables, chickpeas, tuna and feta cheese! Paired with a Greek salad dressing this is a must try.
Greek Chickpea Salad with Tuna Recipe
If you’re looking for a quick lunch recipe, this is it! It’s made with pantry staple ingredients like canned chickpeas and canned tuna, and loaded with vegetables like tomato, onion, cucumber and parsley. If that wasn’t enough it has creamy salty Feta cheese and a tangy Greek Salad Dressing!
Canned tuna is not only inexpensive; it is a healthy source of protein, healthy fats, and Omega-3s. The flavor is really quite pleasant when you pair it with the right ingredients to balance it out.
Chickpeas are also super affordable, high in protein and fiber, and an ideal choice for meal prep lunches because of how long they keep.
Thanks to protein and fiber-rich chickpeas and protein-rich tuna, this salad is filling enough to be a whole meal on its own. It is also a perfect make-ahead lunch for work, potlucks and picnics.
What is in Greek Chickpea Salad?
This salad is so versatile and you will see in the notes below that many of the ingredients can be easily swapped for your favorites!
- Tuna – you can use any kind of canned tuna you like or have on hand, just be sure to drain it well so that the salad does not get soggy.
- Chickpeas – I love chickpeas so much, mostly because they’re rich in protein and fiber and SO versatile. Chickpeas on their own have a fairly neutral flavor, so they pair perfectly with the tuna and Greek salad dressing.
- Cucumber – any variety of cucumber can be used for this salad. My personal favorite is English cucumber with the peels left on for added nutrition and crunch!
- Cherry Tomatoes – this variety of tomato is perfect for this salad as it is not overly seedy and will not make the salad watery or soggy. You can also use Roma, plum, or any variety of tomato, but I recommend removing the seeds.
- Feta Cheese – one of my favorite ingredients of this salad is the Feta! The creamy saltiness ties in all the Mediterranean flavors in this salad. I also crumble some as a garnish for a pop of flavor.
- Kalamata Olives – I love all olives but there is something special about Kalamata olives. The flavor is so unique and delicious. For the classic Greek flavor I recommend using Kalamata olives but you can omit them or use your favorite type of olive.
- Parsley – making this salad in the summer for me means I can add in garden fresh parsley. It adds pop of color and freshness to the salad.
- Red Onion – a staple ingredient in Greek salad I love the raw crunch of red onion. You can soak the sliced onions in cold water for a few minutes to bring down the raw onion flavor or you can omit them if you do not like onions.
- Greek Salad Dressing – my simple but flavor packed homemade recipe brings all the ingredients together to elevate the salad. I’ve always got a jar of it in my fridge because it goes well with some many salads, even pasta salads! Feel free to use store bought if you prefer.
More Greek Style Recipes You Will Love
- Greek Pork Souvlaki – one of my favorite BBQ skewers! Flavor packed pork marinated with lemon, garlic and aromatic spices. The meat is tender, moist and perfect served in a wrap or on a plate.
- Greek Potatoes – roasted in garlic lemon broth are the ultimate creamy crispy side dish. Serve with grilled chicken and a Greek salad for a restaurant quality homemade meal!
- Tzatziki Sauce – one of the most simple and delicious sauces! Tangy greek yogurt seasoned with dill, garlic, lemon and packed with fresh shredded cucumber.
- Gyro – flavor packed meat, sliced thin and pan fried until crispy. Wrapped in a pita loaded with tzatziki, cucumber, red onion and feta cheese!
How to Make Greek Chickpea Salad
Full Printable Recipe at Bottom of Page
1 If using homemade Greek salad dressing, prepare by mixing all ingredients together until well combined in a small bowl. Set aside.
2 In a large bowl add in all the salad ingredients.
3 Pour the salad dressing onto the salad and gently toss until well combined.
4 Garnish with additional parsley and Feta cheese, if desired.
Serve chilled. Enjoy!
FAQ Greek Chickpea Salad Recipe
Absolutely! The good thing about salads is that they’re easy to customize to your liking and to what you have available. I would not sub the chickpeas or tuna, but you could try including olives, artichokes, avocado and/or red bell pepper (or even roasted red peppers!).
This salad is perfect for meal prep as the chickpeas and crunchy vegetables hold up well with the salad dressing and does not get soggy. I like to divide the salad into mason jars or Tupperware containers for grab and go lunches. The salad will last 3 – 4 days in the fridge.
You can use any kind of canned tuna you like. I prefer using tuna canned with water but you can also use tuna canned in oil. Just be sure to drain the tuna well. You can even use a canned tuna that has flavor add in already (ex. lemon pepper).
Looking for More Easy Salad Recipes?
- Kale Apple Salad – with a sweet and tangy honey Dijon vinaigrette. Tender kale tossed with fresh apples, raspberries, nuts and seeds for the ultimate fall salad!
- Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad – has everything from sweet, salty, crunchy, and tangy flavors. It is also so beautiful to serve! It’s the perfect salad or side dish for any meal.
- Strawberry Panzanella Salad – a perfect year-round salad made with California grown Strawberries and a tangy honey vinaigrette!
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, may earn me a small commission.
Greek Chickpea Tuna Salad
- 1 can tuna, 120 gram can, drained
- 1 can chickpeas, 19 fl oz can, drained and rinsed well
- ¼ cup Feta cheese, cubed
- 2 tbsp red onion, diced
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 cup English cucumber, cubed
- 2 tbsp fresh Parsley, minced
- 1/4 cup Greek salad dressing, store bought or homemade*
- Is using homemade Greek salad dressing, prepare by mixing all ingredients together until well combined in a small bowl. Set aside.
- In a large bowl add in all the salad ingredients.
- Pour the salad dressing onto the salad and gently toss until well combined.
- Garnish with additional parsley and Feta cheese, if desired.
- Serve chilled. Enjoy!