Easter Rice Krispie Treats are a cute and easy dessert the whole family will love! A twist on the classic treat with mini eggs and sprinkles added in.
Easter Rice Krispie Treats Recipe
If you are on the lookout for an Easter treat that is not fully chocolate these Easter rice krispies are just for you! As much as I love chocolate, it is nice to have a non-chocolate option for the holiday.
These 5 ingredient rice krispie treats are the perfect addition to your Easter celebrations. They make a great gift too! Simply slice into squares and package into containers or cellophane and tie closed with a ribbon.
I have always loved rice krispie treats and I am and HUGE fan of mini eggs so I thought the perfect Easter treat would be a combination of the two!
What is in Easter Rice Krispie Treats?
- Marshmallows – we can’t make rice krispie treats without marshmallows! I prefer using mini marshmallows as they melt faster.
- Crispy Rice Cereal – any variety of your favorite crispy rice cereal can be used
- Butter – melted with the marshmallows to create the base for these treats
- Vanilla – a splash of vanilla is added to the rice krispie treat base
- Mini Eggs – to make these treats Easter themed I love using mini eggs! However, you can use your favorite candy coated chocolate such as M&M’s or Smarties
- Sprinkles – to finish off these treats, sprinkles are added on top for an added festive pop of colour
More Easter Treats You Will Love!
- Easter Donuts (Cronuts) – are a festive and delicious treat! If you like donuts and croissants then this treat is perfect for you.
- Dunkaroos Funfetti Dip – the perfect light and fluffy dip for your favorite cookies and fruit! Loaded with sprinkles, cream cheese and whipped cream this is a must try simple treat!
- Chocolate Peanut Butter Nests – are not only a super CUTE Easter treat but they are also so simple and delicious! They only require 4 ingredients and 10 minutes of prep!
- Kinder Bueno Fudge – takes a basic three ingredient fudge recipe and makes it 100x better. There are burst of creamy hazelnut from the Kinder Bueno amongst the rich chocolate fudge!
How to Make Easter Rice Krispie Treats
Full Recipe Link in Bio
Prepare the Rice Krispie Treats Base
1 Grease a 9″x13″ baking dish. Set aside.
2 In a large pot, over low heat melt the butter. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter. Stir continuously until fully melted. Stir in the vanilla. (Or in a large microwave safe bowl melt the butter and marshmallows in 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted).
3 Gently stir in the crispy puffed rice cereal until evenly combined.
Add the Mix-In’s
1 Quickly stir in the mini eggs chocolates.
2 Pour the rice krispie mix into the greased baking dish and gently press the mixture into an evenly layer
3 Top with sprinkles. Set aside at room temperature to set.
4 Cut into squares and enjoy!
- Instead of mini eggs try using pastel M&M’s, jelly beans, Smarties, or any small candy.
- Add some food coloring to the butter while melting to make the treats have a pastel color for an extra pop or color!
- Drizzle white chocolate on top of the treats and then top with sprinkles!
- Add 2 tablespoons of peanut butter to the rice krispie base for an added peanut flavor.
Looking for More Easy Desserts?
- Strawberry Shortbread Bars – a buttery shortbread crust with strawberry pie filling and a sweet vanilla glaze for an easy, fruity dessert! They have a double layer of buttery shortbread crust that comes together very quickly with only a few pantry ingredients.
- Chocolate Salami – trick your friends with this delicious deceiving dessert… is it salami or is it a chocolatey treat loaded with cookies?
- Lemon Blueberry Angel Cake – the perfect combination of fresh lemony pudding and blueberry pie filling! All layered together with light angel food cake and whipped cream.
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, may earn me a small commission.
Easter Rice Krispie Treats
- 4 tablespoons of butter
- 6 cups mini marshmallows
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 6 cups crispy puffed rice cereal
- 1 cup mini egg chocolates, or M&M’s , or other candy coated chocolate
- 1/4 cup sprinkles
- Grease a 9″x13″ baking dish. Set aside.
- In a large pot, over low heat melt the butter. Add the marshmallows to the melted butter. Stir continuously until fully melted. Stir in the vanilla. (Or in a large microwave safe bowl melt the butter and marshmallows in 15 second intervals, stirring after each interval, until fully melted).
- Gently stir in the crispy puffed rice cereal until evenly combined.
- Quickly stir in the mini eggs chocolates.
- Pour the rice krispie mix into the greased baking dish and gently press the mixture into an evenly layer
- Top with sprinkles. Set aside at room temperature to set.
- Cut into squares and enjoy!