Jalapeno cheddar corn bread is the perfect side dish to your summer BBQ. Not only is this recipe quick to put together, it is incredibly delicious and moist!
Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Bread Recipe
This corn bread will add a pop of color and sweet heat to your next BBQ. The sweetness of the corn bread is complimented with the slight heat of the jalapenos. Add some shredded cheddar cheese and you have a winning side dish! If you love jalapenos as much as I do then you have to also try my Jalapeno Popper Chicken Dip, Jalapeno Popper Egg Rolls and Bacon Wrapped Armadillo Eggs!
What is in this Corn Bread?
- With just a few pantry staple ingredients this easy side dish comes together in a flash. We can’t have corn bread without corn meal. Flour, sugar, baking soda and salt are the remaining dry ingredients. Milk, melted butter and egg keep this corn bread moist. One jalapeno (seeds removed) and shredded cheddar cheese adds an extra pop of flavor to your regular corn bread!
How to Make Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Bread
Full Printable Recipe Below
1 Spray a square baking dish (8×8) with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2 In a medium sized bowl stir together the dry ingredients.
3 In a large bowl stir together the wet ingredients.
4 Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Stir in the diced jalapenos and shredded cheese.
5 Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.
Serve warm and enjoy!
Can Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Bread be Froze
Yes! Allow the corn bread to fully cool and then wrap in plastic wrap or place in an air tight container or Ziploc bag. I recommend freezing the bread in a whole piece but you can also freeze individual slices. Lasts in the freezer up to 3 months. Thaw in the fridge overnight and then reheat in the oven for 5-10 min at 350F.
Looking for More Easy Appetizers and Sides?
Try some of my most popular recipes:
- Ultimate Feta Bruschetta – another classic summer side dish, perfect for your next BBQ!
- Greek Garlic Lemon Roasted Potatoes – potatoes roasted in garlic lemon broth are the ultimate creamy crispy side dish
- Creamy Shrimp and Scallop Shells – if you love seafood like me, you must try these shells!
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, may earn me a small commission.
Jalapeno Cheddar Corn Bread
- 1 1/4 cup cornmeal
- 1 cup flour, all purpose
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 egg
- 1 jalepeno, seeds removed, finely diced
- ¼ cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- Spray a square baking dish (8×8) with cooking spray. Preheat oven to 350°F.
- In a medium sized bowl stir together the dry ingredients.
- In a large bowl stir together the wet ingredients.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet and stir until just combined. Stir in the diced jalapenos and shredded cheese.
- Pour into the prepared baking dish and bake for 20-25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the middle comes out clean.