These ham and cheese stuffed puffs are a delicious and savory delight to enjoy with your family or friends. The recipe is very simple and quick to make.
Ham and Cheese Puffs Recipe
These are one of the quickest and most customizable appetizers. All you need is a roll of puff pastry, cut into rectangles and fill them with your choice of cheese cubes and cooked ham or kielbasa.
Once enclosed in puff pastry and brushed with an egg wash, they are baked in the air fryer or oven. The result will be a snack with a cheesy and irresistible filling, perfect to offer your guests as an appetizer during a special dinner or buffet.
What is in Ham and Cheese Puffs?
Since these are customizable and can be filled with your favorite cheese and ham or kielbasa, you may already have most of these ingredients in your pantry.
After testing this recipe (and falling in love with it) I now keep a pack of frozen puff pastry in the freezer so I’m always ready if I need a quick appetizer to serve a last minute guest or bring to a friends house.
- Puff Pastry is a hidden gem in the freezer section of your grocery store. This versatile ingredient can instantly transform your dinner party into a high class event. Your guests will never know how simple this appetizer was to make.
How to Prepare Ham and Cheese Puffs
Full Printable Recipe Below
1 Unroll the store bought puff pastry and cut into rectangles. Depending on the size of the sheets you should be able to cut 12 rectangles from each sheet of puff pastry (4 x 3 cuts).
2 Place 2-3 cubes of cheese and 2-3 cubes of cooked ham on each rectangle of puff pastry.
3 Fold the 4 corners of puff pastry towards the center and gently press down to seal.
4 In a bowl, beat the egg and brush over the puffs.
5 Top with optional garnish of sesame seeds, everything bagel seasoning, black sesame seeds, etc.
How to Cook the Puffs
OVEN COOKING METHOD
Bake them in oven at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.
AIR FRYER COOKING METHOD
Cook in an Air Fryer at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
7 Serve with dipping sauce of choice or as is and enjoy!
- Pizza Filling – small spoon of tomato sauce, cubes of cheese and pepperoni
- Chicken Parmesan – small spoon of tomato sauce, cubes of cheese and cooked chicken
- BBQ Pulled Pork or Chicken – cubes of mozzarella cheese and leftover cooked BBQ pulled pork or chicken
- Peanut Butter Jelly – small spoon of peanut butter and jam
- Smore’s – chocolate chips, crushed graham cracker, marshmallows
- Blueberry Cheesecake – cube of cream cheese and a few blueberries (or any berry of choice)
- Garnish these sweet variations with a dusting of icing sugar.
The possibilities are endless!
Looking for More Easy Appetizers?
Try some of my most popular recipes!
- Bang Bang Shrimp Egg Rolls – a sweet and spicy appetizer for your next get together! Filled with shrimp tossed in an irresistible bang bang sauce and cabbage slaw these are a must try!
- Simple Stuffed Mushrooms – Olive Garden’s famous stuffed mushrooms are made with clams, seasoned bread crumbs, and two different cheeses. Then baked drenched with butter and more cheese. They are so easy to make… prepare to be addicted!
- Sweet Chili Chicken Wonton Tacos – the perfect starter or party finger food! Flavor packed chicken tossed in sweet chili sauce, served in crispy wonton taco shells with an Asian slaw.
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, may earn me a small commission.
Easy Ham and Cheese Puffs
- 1 package store bought puff pastry, thawed (two sheet pack)
- 2/3 cup 150 grams cooked ham, cut into small cubes
- 2/3 cup 150 grams cheese, or preferred cheese, cut into small cubes
- 1 egg
- Everything Bagel Seasoning
- Sesame seeds
- Black sesame seeds
- Honey Mustard dipping sauce
- Roll out the puff pastry and cut into rectangles. Depending on the size of the sheets you should be able to cut 12 rectangles from each sheet of puff pastry (4 x 3 cuts).
- Place 2-3 cubes of cheese and 2-3 cubes of cooked ham on each rectangle of puff pastry.
- Fold the 4 corners of puff pastry towards the center and gently press down to seal.
- In a bowl, beat the egg and brush over the puffs.
- Top with optional garnish, sesame seeds, black sesame seeds, everything bagel seasoning, etc., if desired.
- OVEN COOKING METHODBake in oven at 350°F for 20-25 minutes, until golden brown.AIR FRYER COOKING METHODCook in an Air Fryer at 350°F for 10-15 minutes, until golden brown.
- Serve with dipping sauce of choice or as is and enjoy!