Sticky Garlic Sesame Chicken Drumsticks are a simple dinner with the perfect mix of sweet and savory. Not only is the glaze on these drumsticks picture perfect, it is flavor packed!
Sticky Garlic Sesame Chicken Drumsticks Recipe
I love a good set it and forget it dinner. These chicken drumsticks are as simple as stirring together the sauce, seasoning chicken drumsticks and baking on a sheet pan. Once the chicken is fully cooked it gets coated in an irresistible sticky sesame glaze!
This is a great meal prep recipe for a week of lunches. Make a batch of these chicken legs, while they bake cook rice and your favorite vegetables. Package servings or drumsticks, vegetables and rice for an easy grab and go lunch!
Chicken drumsticks are always a hit with kids, this is a classic family dinner the whole family will love!
What is in Sticky Garlic Sesame Chicken Drumsticks?
- The sesame glaze for these chicken legs is a must try! The main ingredient is soy sauce, I use low sodium soy sauce. When simmering a sauce to thicken it does get saltier so by using a low sodium soy sauce it avoids an overly salty sauce. Garlic and ginger are paired with sesame oil and brown sugar to bring this flavor sauce together!
How to Make Sticky Garlic Sesame Chicken Drumsticks
Full Printable Recipe Below
Check out my short video tutorial here
1 Preheat oven to 425F. Combine the seasoning mix and coat all the drums sticks. Place on a baking sheet (lined with foil or parchment paper) with a wire rack on top and place in oven. Cook 25-30 minutes or until the drumsticks are cooked and juices run clear when pierced. Turn drum sticks occasionally to roast and brown all sides.
2 In a small pot combine all the glaze ingredients and cook on low-medium heat until sauce thickens slightly.
3 Reduce oven heat to 325F. Once chicken is cooked, brush one coat of glaze on each side and return to oven for 2 minutes.
4 Remove from oven one more time for a final brush of glaze and return to oven for another 2 minutes.
5 Once cooked, plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
Garnish with sesame seeds and green onion. Serve and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks
- Foil paper (or parchment paper) is a MUST when making sticky glazed chicken. I line my pans with 2-3 layers and overlap the layers so none of the glaze ends up on my pan. This speeds up cleaning!
- Baking on a wire rack allows the heat to circulate evenly around the drumsticks. If you do not have a wire rack you can bake these directly on the foil or parchment paper, just be sure to flip the drumsticks while cooking so they get crispy all around
- Trick for Cleaning the Wire Rack – after cooking and once the pan has cooled, remove the foil or parchment paper. Flip your wire rack upside down into the pan and add warm water and dish soap. Let soak and then wash by hand or was in the dishwasher. The soaking loosens up any of the sticky glaze or bits of chicken.
Looking for More Easy Chicken Dinners?
I’m a huge fan of chicken dinners when feeding a crowd, you can’t go wrong with a flavor packed chicken dish:
- One Pan Butter Chicken – my ultimate creamy and lightened up butter chicken. One of my all time favorite meals!
- Sheet Pan Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Veggies – perfect meal for a dinner party or family dinner. Everything cooks on one sheet pan making clean up a breeze!
- Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables – Perfectly seasoned tender chicken served over stir fried vegetables in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce. This quick dinner has become one of my families most requested meals.
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, may earn me a small commission.
Sticky Garlic Sesame Chicken Drumsticks
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 tbsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp ginger powder
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 1 tbsp chili flakes
Garlic Sesame Glaze
- 3 tbsp garlic, finely minced
- 3/4 cup soy sauce, low sodium
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp sesame oil
- 1 tsp chili flakes
- Sesame seeds
- Sliced green onions
- Preheat oven to 425F. Combine the seasoning mix and coat all the drums sticks. Place on a baking sheet (lined with foil or parchment paper) with a wire rack on top and place in oven. Cook 25-30 minutes or until the drumsticks are cooked and juices run clear when pierced. Turn drum sticks occasional to roast and brown all sides.
- In a small pot combine all the glaze ingredients and cook on low-medium heat until sauce thickens slightly.
- Reduce oven heat to 325F. Once chicken is cooked, brush one coat of glaze on each side and return to oven for 2 minutes.
- Remove from oven one more time for a final brush of glaze and return to oven for another 2 minutes.
- Once cooked, plate, sprinkle with sesame seeds and green onions.
- Serve and enjoy!
Spanakorizo - Easy Greek Rice Dish - fed by sab
Monday 13th of September 2021
[…] Sticky Sesame Drumsticks […]