Asparagus Bacon Tortellini is an easy creamy side dish or main course! Crispy bacon paired with fresh asparagus and peas in a quick light creamy sauce. Made in only 20 minutes this is a dish the whole family with love!
Asparagus Bacon Tortellini Recipe
You’ll love everything about this creamy asparagus bacon tortellini recipe starting with the fact that it uses only 8 ingredients and it’s on the table in just 20 minutes!
This is the ultimate spring side dish using fresh asparagus and peas. Complimented with a creamy parmesan cheese sauce and salty crispy bites of bacon!
When you need a quick side dish or main course this dish not only comes together quickly but is also incredibly delicious!
What is in this Asparagus Bacon Tortellini?
- Asparagus and peas not only look beautiful when paired with a cream sauce but they are two of my favorite spring vegetables! One of the reasons this dish comes together so quickly is because the sauce is only 2 ingredients, milk (or cream) and parmesan cheese. Onion and garlic are the aromatics in this dish and pair great with the cheese tortellini.
How to make Asparagus Bacon Tortellini?
Full Printable Recipe Below
Check out my short video tutorial here
1 Cook tortellini according to package instructions and set aside.
2 In a large frying pan on medium heat cook bacon until crispy, approximately 5 minutes. Remove bacon from pan, leaving drippings in pan. Set bacon aside on a paper towel.
3 Remove some of the bacon fat until there is about 2 teaspoons remaining in the pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
4 Add in the asparagus and sauté until tender.
5 Add the milk and parmesan cheese to the pan. Stir continuously and simmer until thickened.
6 Stir in the tortellini, peas and bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!
Variations and Tips
- This recipe is customizable, use your favorite vegetables in place of the asparagus and peas. I love the freshness the peas and asparagus bring to this dish especially when both are in season!
- Leftovers? When reheating leftovers add a splash of milk or cream. The sauce with thicken when refrigerated but by adding a splash of milk/cream the sauce will be just as creamy the next day when reheated.
- Add the peas and bacon in last! When using frozen peas they do not need to be cooked long, just thawed and heated through so they are added in last to avoid becoming mushy. To keep the bacon crispy it is also added in last so it does not absorb the sauce and soften.
Looking for More Quick Family Friendly Meals?
My favorite family style meals are ones that are quick, delicious and nutritious. Check out some of my other recipes below:
- Bacon Wrapped Chicken and Roasted Vegetables – a great quick and easy one pan meal the whole family will love!
- Teriyaki Chicken and Vegetables – perfectly seasoned tender chicken served over stir fried vegetables in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce
- Sticky Glazed Meatloaf – not your average meatloaf! This meatloaf is loaded with finely chopped veggies to keep it moist and coated in an irresistible sticky glaze
Asparagus Bacon Tortellini
- 1 bag cheese tortellini, fresh or frozen, approximately 400-500 grams
- 6 slices bacon, cut into cubes
- 1 onion, medium sized, red or white diced into small cubes
- 3 garlic cloves, finely diced
- 1 bunch asparagus, cut into bite sized pieces
- 1 cup milk, or cream
- ½ cup parmesan cheese, grated
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Cook tortellini according to package instructions and set aside.
- In a large frying pan on medium heat cook bacon until crispy, approximately 5 minutes. Remove bacon from pan, leaving drippings in pan. Set bacon aside on a paper towel.
- Remove some of the bacon fat until there is about 2 teaspoons remaining in the pan. Add onion and garlic and sauté until translucent.
- Add in the asparagus and sauté until tender.
- Add the milk and parmesan cheese to the pan. Stir continuously and simmer until thickened.
- Stir in the tortellini, peas and bacon. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve with fresh grated parmesan cheese and enjoy!