Cranberry Brie Bites are the perfect cute and fancy appetizer to serve during the holidays. Light puff pastry baked until golden brown stuffed with brie, cranberry sauce and walnuts!
Cranberry Brie Bites Recipe
These cranberry and brie stuffed puffs are a delicious and savory delight to enjoy with your family or friends. The recipe is very simple and quick to make. All you need is a roll of puff pastry cut into rectangles. Then fill them with a slice of brie, a spoonful of cranberry sauce and a few crushed walnuts.
Once enclosed in puff pastry and brushed with an egg wash they are baked for a few minutes. The result will be a snack with a cheesy and irresistible filling. The perfect appetizer to offer your guests during your holiday gatherings.
Holiday Cranberry Brie Bites Recipe
I love an easy holiday appetizer that looks fancy but actually only takes a few minutes to put together! My friends and family are impressed with the dish and I can take all the compliments knowing it only took me 6 ingredients and just about 30 minutes.
Sure you could buy cranberry brie puff pastry bites in the freezer section of your local grocery store but why not have some fun and make them at home! Control exactly what goes in them and be able to brag to your guests that you handmade these cute bites all on your own.
What is in Cranberry Brie Bites?
- Cranberry Sauce – store bought or homemade cranberry sauce can be used in this recipe. This recipe is perfect for using up leftover cranberry sauce!
- Brie – one of my favorite creamy cheeses. Often brie is baked and served as a dip with crusty bread but I love baking then in handheld puff pastry bites for a grab and go appetizer!
- Walnuts – optional, to keep this appetizer nut free the walnuts can be omitted. I love the crunchy texture they add to the center of the pastry bites and the added nutty flavor combined with the brie is delectable.
- Puff Pastry – one of my secret weapons for entertaining. I always, and I mean ALWAYS have 2 packs of frozen store bought puff pastry in my freezer. It is the perfect ingredient to whip up an appetizer even on the shortest notice (like my shortcut Sausage Rolls, or my simple Breakfast Pockets)
- Egg and Milk – the beautiful golden shine of these baked brie bites comes from the combination of egg and milk whisked together to create the egg wash that is brushed on top of the pastry before baking.
How to Make Cranberry Brie Bites
Full Printable Recipe at Bottom of Page
Prepare the Bites
1 Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or preheat Air Fryer to 350°F.
2 Roll out the thawed puff pastry and cut into rectangles. Depending on the size of the sheets you should be able to cut 12 rectangles from each sheet of puff pastry, leaving you with 24 pieces (4 x 3 cuts) to make 24 bites.
3 Place a cube of cheese, 1 tsp of cranberry sauce and a pinch of crushed walnuts on each rectangle of puff pastry.
Shape the Bites
1 Fold the 4 corners of puff pastry towards the center to create the bites and pinch the corners together. You do not have to connect the pieces of pastry; they look beautiful with a space between the edges to show the cranberry sauce.
2 In a bowl, beat the egg yolk with the milk.
3 Brush the top of the bites with the beaten egg yolk.
Bake the Bites
OVEN COOKING METHOD
Bake the bites on the prepared baking tray for 15 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown.
AIR FRYER COOKING METHOD
Add the bites to Air Fryer basket or tray. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Garnish and Serve
Sprinkle with fresh finely minced rosemary, optional. Allow the bites to cool for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!
Tips and Tricks for the Best Cranberry Brie Bites
- Cranberry Sauce – if there is excess water/liquid in the cranberry sauce drain some of the liquid to avoid the center of the bites being too moist.
- Puff Pastry – when working with frozen puff pastry be sure to let the pastry fully thaw in the fridge before trying to unroll the pastry or it will tear.
- Brie – slice the brie in thick cubes and place directly in the center of the puff pastry to avoid the cheese melting too close to the edges and oozing out during baking.
Looking for More Easy Holiday Appetizers?
Try some of my favorite quick and easy appetizers:
- Sweet Chili Chicken Wonton Tacos – the perfect starter or party finger food! Flavor packed chicken tossed in sweet chili sauce, served in crispy wonton taco shells with an Asian slaw.
- Spinach Feta Palmiers – golden, flaky puff pastry wrapped bites with melted cheeses and hearty, garlicky spinach, shaped into cute little spirals! Such an easy delicious appetizer.
- Feta Bruschetta with Balsamic Glaze – easy starter to your family dinner or get together. Super quick, and easy. More importantly–crazy delicious. Bruschetta really is the ultimate appetizer.
Disclosure: I only recommend products I would use myself and all opinions expressed here are my own. This post may contain affiliate links that at no additional cost to you, may earn me a small commission.
Cranberry Brie Bites
- 1 package store bought puff pastry, thawed (two sheet pack)
- 1/2 can cranberry sauce
- 1/2 wheel brie cheese, cut into 24 ½”cubes
- 1/4 cup walnuts, crushed
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tbsp milk
- Fresh rosemary
Prepare the Bites
- Preheat oven to 350°F and line a cookie sheet with parchment paper or preheat Air Fryer to 350°F.
- Roll out the thawed puff pastry and cut into rectangles. Depending on the size of the sheets you should be able to cut 12 rectangles from each sheet of puff pastry, leaving you with 24 pieces (4 x 3 cuts) to make 24 bites.
- Place a cube of cheese, 1 tsp of cranberry sauce and a pinch of crushed walnuts on each rectangle of puff pastry.
- Fold the 4 corners of puff pastry towards the center to create the bites and pinch the corners together. You do not have to connect the pieces of pastry; they look beautiful with a space between the edges to show the cranberry sauce.
- In a bowl, beat the egg yolk with the milk.
- Brush the tops of the bites with the beaten egg yolk.
Cook the Bites
- OVEN COOKING METHODBake the bites on the prepared baking tray for 15 – 20 minutes, or until golden brown.AIR FRYER COOKING METHODAdd the bites to Air Fryer basket or tray. Cook for 10 – 15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Garnish and Serve
- Sprinkle with fresh finely minced rosemary, optional. Allow the bites to cook for 5 minutes before serving and enjoy!
The baked and cooled bites can be stored in the refrigerator, in an airtight container, for 1 – 2 days. To reheat leftovers bake or air fry at 350 for 5 minutes or until heated through and the pastry is light and crispy.