Quick delicious side dish or appetizer that can be prepared in advance. Step up your baked potato game with these cheesy broccoli cheddar twice baked potatoes.
Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes Recipe
I don’t think I have ever met someone who doesn’t like baked potatoes so why not change it up with cheesy twice baked potatoes? With a short prep time these are a great weeknight side dish or appetizer for a party.
A great way to sneak in a few extra greens into your diet with broccoli mixed into these potatoes.
What is in this dish?
This is an everyday recipe as the ingredients are mostly pantry staples.
Star Ingredients – Broccoli and Cheddar
Take your regular baked potato with sour cream and combine it with a mix of broccoli and cheddar and you are in a whole new world of cheesy twice baked potatoes
How to Prepare Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
Full Printable Recipe Below
1 Bake potatoes and let cool.
2 Slice each in half and scoop out the centers leaving ¼” all around to form a shell.
3 Mash the potato leaving some small chunks.
4 Mix in all the remaining ingredients using only ½ cup of the shredded cheese.
5 Preheat oven to 350°F
6 Scoop back into potato shells and top with ½ cup of the shredded cheese.
7 Bake until cheese melts (or Air Fry at 400°F for approximately 10 minutes)
Optional: broil to quickly crispen the cheese.
Check out my short video tutorial here
Can Twice Baked Potatoes be Made in Advance?
YES! To cut down on prep bake your potatoes in advance (up to 1 day in advance and keep in the fridge). When ready to prepare slice the potatoes and scoop out the centers, continue with the remaining steps of the recipe.
Another option is to fully prepare the potatoes and stuff them but keep them in the fridge until ready to bake. This can also be done 1 day in advance and then bake the potatoes, add 5-10 extra minutes to the bake time to ensure potato filling is warmed through.
Broccoli Cheddar Twice Baked Potatoes
- 6 russet potatoes, baked
- 1 broccoli crown, diced and blanched
- ½ cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp butter, softened or melted
- Bake potatoes and let cool until easy to handle.
- Slice each potato in half and scoop out the centers leaving ¼” all around to form a shell.
- Mash the potato leaving some small chunks.
- Mix in all the remaining ingredients using only ½ cup of the shredded cheese. (Reserve 1/2 cup to top the potatoes)
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Scoop the filling into potato shells and top with ½ cup of the shredded cheese.
- Bake until cheese melts (or Air Fry approximately 10 minutes at 400°F).
- Optional: broil to quickly crispen the cheese.
- Cubed or shredded cooked chicken
- Green onions